The Berlin Business Park public hearings are upon us. The trustees have agreed to move the location to a larger venue from the township hall to Grace Point Church, so that we may all attend. Just to refresh your memory, the business park has been split into two parts. The Berlin Industrial Overlay is on the west side and the Berlin Commercial Overlay is on the east side. Both hearings will be taking place on February 6, 2020, with a 15 minute intermission.
Several of your neighbors have been preparing testimonies to propose an alternative development plan that incorporates the residents’ points of view. We’ve gathered opinions from over 100 people and blended them into what we think would be acceptable to the broadest audience. Now, it’s up to you to fill in any gaps. Take advantage of this opportunity and let your voice be heard. We need anyone and everyone to join us in attending the public hearings. We hope at least 300 people can make it! The trustees need to hear your individual opinions.
Below are additional details regarding the hearings as well as the trustees recommendations pertaining to participation.
DATE/TIME: February, 6 2020
6:00-8:00 p.m. – Trustee Bullard and Trustee D’Amico will hear on the Berlin Industrial Overlay (BIO) BZC 19-004 portion ONLY.
8:15-10:15 p.m. – Trustee Bullard and Trustee O’Brien will hear on the Berlin Commercial Overlay (BCO) BZC 19-005 portion ONLY.
LOCATION: Grace Point Community Church 2393 Peachblow Rd, Lewis Center, OH 43035
Details for speaking participants:
- Residents will have 3 minutes (timed) to speak.
- The fiscal officer would greatly appreciate it if you submit your statement in writing so that your information is easily and accurately captured – this is also a great way to provide more information than what you can get in 3 minutes as well and a general good practice.
- The chair asked us to not be overly repetitive. If someone makes a good point or steals the point you were going to make, consider how to add value or make points of specific reference or recommendations.
General recommendations provided:
- With this move to a larger venue, it was requested that people please be orderly and avoid loud side conversations or any antics that would prevent other residents and speakers from being heard. Fair points!
- Of note, this is not a standard township trustee meeting, it is a public hearing. That means there will be a presentation on the proposal and during public comments, you should say what you think about the proposal AS WELL AS submit any related items for the record. Please note, anything submitted for record MUST have your first & last name along with address on it when submitted.
- In addition, it has been restated to us this is not a Q & A time. Unfortunately, many people are just finding out about all this but there will not be time for discussions. Therefore, in order to gain more information prior to the Feb 6th hearings, please consider emailing the trustees OR feel free to send any questions our way and we can try to answer them as best we can.
- Since this proposal was split into two parts, if you have testimony relevant to both the BIO and BCO, you must present it individually at each hearing to be considered in both.