PLEASE STAY FOR BOTH AS THEY ARE SEPARATE HEARINGS RELATED TO SEPARATE AREAS.
What to Expect
- Two proposals were presented to the zoning commission before they voted to approve the “Alt 1” version. (This explains why there are two maps on the Berlin Township website) It is our understanding and hope that both maps will be discussed tonight, but we are not certain.
- Representatives from the county, instead of zoning representatives, will be presenting on the proposals and will have unlimited time to do so.
- After the county presentation we may hear a few other points made by various officials.
- Public comments will likely follow. We are not sure when/if/how many residents will have the opportunity to speak but we think there will be some time at the end of each hearing.
- Each resident will be allowed no more than 3 minutes to speak, so make sure you rehearse what you have to say and do not exceed the time limit. Consider submitting a written letter as well. (The Fiscal Officer would appreciate this and you may include supplemental information.)
- We were told the meetings will end promptly at 8:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. respectively. We were also informed there will likely be another meeting in late March so if you do not have time to speak at this meeting, there may be more meetings and other opportunities to get your feedback on record!
In tonight’s presentations, we sincerely encourage everyone to be respectful and listen objectively, both to us as residents in the township and to those that are presenting from outside of the township. As with all presentations, it’s important to keep in mind that while fear can be an effective persuader, its force is significantly decreased by the presence of more reasonable alternatives that appeal to intelligent and caring residents such as those in our community. There is nothing stronger than the truth and care found in a community that converts to feedback and action.
As always, please reach out to provide your feedback via: